Game Scrap Galaxy
Release date TBA
Genre Local Multiplayer, Party Game
Platform PC, TBA
Press Contact email@example.com
Contact and address
076-818 74 22
Presskit Download (2016-08-09)
Scrap Galaxy is a local build & destroy deathmatch game for up to 4 players. It is a 2D top down shooter taking place out in space in a galaxtic junkyard. In this setting the players are trying to survive by constructing space ships.
The game is round based and each round is divided up into two phases; build phase and battle phase. During the build phase each player gets a number of components and has to assemble a spaceship from these under time pressure. During the battle phase the players pilots the ships. They battle against the other or team up against the garbage drones living in the junkyard.
The randomness makes every new round into a new challange because you always have a new ship to battle with. This also makes the game quite addictive.
- Three different game modes; deathmatch, Scrap King and survival.
- Deathmatch until only one player remains. A new ship is constructed each round. Following construction settings exists.
The focus is on fast battles and rapid prototyping of ship designs, randomized components make every new round into a new challenge.
- 20 pieces
Focus is on iterative design, build the ultimate ship using only 20 pieces.
Unlimited creativity, build the ship of your dreams.
- In Scrap King the winner keeps their ship and can continue to build on it.
- In Survival player fight together against garbage drones. The player continues to build on their ship after each wave of enemies.
- It exists 12 different components; 5 weapon components, 3 engine components and 4 structure components.
Scrap Galaxy have been showcased at the following public events.
- Sweden Game Conference and Festival, 2016, 20 – 23 October 2016, Skövde
- Open Demo Night, 8th September 2016, Linköping
- Närcon Summer 2016, Linköping
- Nordic Game 2016, Malmö
- MTD-pub, 10th March 2016, Norrköping
- Närcon Winter 2015, Linköping
- Liu Game Award 2015, Norrköping
- Närcon Summer 2015, Linköping
- Närcon Winter 2014, Linköping
- Liu Game Award 2014, Norrköping
- Närcon Summer 2014, Linköping
Awards and nominations
- Finalists for Nordic Game Discovery Contest at Sweden Game Conference
- 1st place LiU Game Award 2014
- 24 October 2016: Sammanfattning av helgens Sweden Game Conference, Eurogamer.se
- 22 October 2016: Speltest lockar på festival, Skövde Nyheter
- 18 October 2016: NGDC finalists at Sweden Game Conference announced, Nordic Game
- 17 October 2016: Scrap Galaxy releases new gameplay trailer, Nordic Game
- Nobember 2015: LiU Game Awards – Tar dig till nästa level, Affärsstaden
- 24 February 2015: February: LiU Game Awards <3 NärCon = Sant, LiU Innovation
- 7 November 2014, Vecka45: Sweden’s most innovative week, The Local
- 6 November 2014, LiU Game Awards 2014 – Winners, The Square
White logo is prefered.
- Jesper Tingvall Developer & programmer from Sweden
- Connor O.R.T. Linning Music from Canada
- Markku Kankaanniemi Art from Finland
- Linus Asplund Logo from Sweden
- Miku Art from Sweden
For details see team page.